Does your organization need books to better serve underprivileged Nashville children?
Books for Nashville's Kids is our program dedicated to empowering children through book ownership. Schools and other organizations serving low-income families in Davidson County may request books in order to distribute directly to children.
Organizations who need books in March or April, please submit your requests now.
- Books needed in March through April 11th must be requested by March 12th and picked up by March 18th.
- Pickups will be unavailable between March 19th and April 11th.
- Books needed later in April must be requested by March 27th and picked up April 12th-29th.
We are able to provide one book per child at this time and requests will be filled on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Requested books can be picked up Monday-Thursday by appointment only. Pickups can be scheduled through the appointment calendar after completing a book request. You can also check the calendar for availability before submitting a request. The calendar will be the updated as often as possible, but if there are no slots available, that means we've reached capacity. At that time requests will be put into a queue and we will reach out if the request is able to be filled.
Thank you for all you do to keep Nashville's kids reading!
Before making a request, please keep the following in mind:
- All books must go directly to economically disadvantaged children and teens for their personal ownership.
- Requests must be received a minimum of 10 business days before books are needed. Submitting one month or more in advance is recommended during peak request seasons (February, April-June, and October-December).
- Requests are filled on a first-received, first-filled basis and are subject to availability.
- Please request one book per child.
- Books intended for purposes other than book ownership (such as for classroom libraries) may be requested from the "Used Books" section of the request form. These are our slightly more well-loved books, but are still screened for quality.
- Organizations may request books up to three times per calendar year.
- Book’em cannot fill requests for specific book titles.
- Books must be picked up at the Nashville Public Television Building at 161 Rains Ave, Nashville, TN, 37203.