Does your organization need books to better serve underprivileged Nashville children?
Book'em is here to help!
Books for Nashville's Kids
Books for Nashville's Kids is our program dedicated to empowering these children through book ownership. Schools and other organizations in Davidson County may request books in order to distribute directly to children.
January 2021 Update: Book distributions are paused through February 15th while we complete our yearly inventory. We will be working hard to get books for February & March distributions ready during this time, so organizations who need books in February or March (including for Read Across America Week), please submit your requests now. Requests must be received by January 31st. We are able to provide one book per child at this time and requests will be filled on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Requested books can be picked up Monday-Thursday between February 15th and March 11th by appointment only. Pickups can be scheduled through the appointment calendar after completing a book request. You can also check the calendar for availability before submitting a request. The calendar will be the updated as often as possible, but if there are no slots available, that means we've reached capacity. At that time requests will be put into a queue and we will reach out if the request is able to be filled. Stay tuned for an updated schedule for April at the end of March!
Before making a request, please keep the following in mind:
- All books must go directly to economically disadvantaged children and teens for their personal ownership.
- Requests must be received a minimum of 10 business days before books are needed. Submitting one month or more in advance is recommended during peak request seasons (February, April-June, and October-December).
- Requests are filled on a first-received, first-filled basis and are subject to availability.
- Please request one book per child.
- Books intended for purposes other than book ownership (such as for classroom libraries) may be requested from the "Used Books" section of the request form. These are our slightly more well-loved books, but are still screened for quality.
- Organizations may request books up to three times per calendar year.
- Book’em cannot fill requests for specific book titles.
- Books must be picked up at the Nashville Public Television Building at 161 Rains Ave, Nashville, TN, 37203.
Please click here to complete and submit your book request online. You may also fill out a Book Request Form and email it to email@example.com or mail to Book'em, 161 Rains Ave. Nashville, TN 37203.
Reading Programs in Schools
Our Reading Is Fundamental and Ready for Reading programs provide reading role model volunteers for classroom story times in Title I elementary schools and early learning centers.
If you are interested in having reading volunteers at your school, please email Jocelyn Kirk at firstname.lastname@example.org to let her know of your need and interest.