Does your organization need books or reading volunteers in order to better serve underprivileged Nashville children?
Books for Nashville’s Kids, our program dedicated to empowering these children through book ownership, is here to help! Schools and other organizations in Davidson County may request books in order to distribute directly to children.
Before making a request, please keep the following in mind:
– All books must go directly into the hands of economically disadvantaged children and teens.
– Requests must be received a minimum of 10 business days before books are needed. Submitting one month or more in advance is recommended during peak request seasons (April-June and October-December).
– Requests are filled on a first-received, first-filled basis and are subject to availability.
– Book’em cannot fill requests for specific book titles.
– Please request one book per child.
– Books intended for purposes other than book ownership (such as for classroom libraries) may be requested from the “Used Books” section of the request form. These are our slightly more well-loved books, but are still screened for quality.
– We are able to accommodate up to 3 requests per organization per calendar year.
Please submit your request by completing a Book Request Form and emailing it to email@example.com or click here to complete and submit your book request online.
Our Reading Is Fundamental and Ready for Reading programs provide reading role model volunteers for classroom read-alouds in elementary and preschools serving low-income students.