Does your organization need books or reading volunteers in order to better serve underprivileged Nashville children?
Our book distribution and reading programs are here to help!
Books for Nashville's Kids
Books for Nashville's Kids is our program dedicated to empowering these children through book ownership. Schools and other organizations in Davidson County may request books in order to distribute directly to children.
Before making a request, please keep the following in mind:
- All books must go directly to economically disadvantaged children and teens for their personal ownership.
- Requests must be received a minimum of 10 business days before books are needed. Submitting one month or more in advance is recommended during peak request seasons (February, April-June, and October-December).
- Requests are filled on a first-received, first-filled basis and are subject to availability.
- Please request one book per child.
- Books intended for purposes other than book ownership (such as for classroom libraries) may be requested from the "Used Books" section of the request form. These are our slightly more well-loved books, but are still screened for quality.
- Organizations may request books up to three times per calendar year.
- Book’em cannot fill requests for specific book titles.
- Books must be picked up from our office location (temporarily located at Martin Professional Development Center - 2400 Fairfax Ave. Nashville, TN 37212).
For June-July 2020, up to two books per child may be requested to help support summer reading. Organizations may request a maximum of 800 books per month.
Please click here to complete and submit your book request online. You may also fill out a Book Request Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Book'em, 161 Rains Ave. Nashville, TN 37203.
Reading Programs in Schools
Our Reading Is Fundamental and Ready for Reading programs provide reading role model volunteers for classroom story times in Title I elementary schools and early learning centers.
If you are interested in having reading volunteers at your school, please email Jocelyn Kirk at email@example.com to let her know of your need and interest.